Kriszta

Kriszta

GR refugee trying to find her place...
Captive Prince: Volume One (Captive Prince, #1) - S.U. Pacat,  C.S. Pacat Wow, this book is pure gold! The plot, the characters, the writing... I don't think I can dig up anything I didn't like about this story. Maybe the beginning: the rotten decadence and lack of humanity of the Rabatian court and the fact that I couldn't find a character I liked (not even Damen, though he was the wronged party) made it hard for me to get into the first few chapters.

That changed gradually - a little conspiracy here, a surprise glimpse under the facade of a character there, and I was sucked in. The relationship between the MCs from enemies to lovers was beautifully developed and realistic.

This was the best book I read in the last coulpe of months, it goes straight my favorites.

Having said all that, I'm banging my head against a wall for reading it now instead of waiting. I broke my own rule of not reading WIPs, so I deserved the lump I had in my throat all through the last chapter, knowing it's coming to an end and I'll have to wait God knows how long for the third book.

I'm so happy these first two books are getting published. I can't wait to read the promised extras!